Laman

Monday, June 24, 2013

A Little Loli Meet in Oxford

On Saturday, I took the train to Oxford for a small lolita meetup. It was supposed to be a craft meet and picnic, but due to the crazy weather, we ended up having a meal at a nice "beefeater grill" restaurant called The Mitre. There was me, Sammi, Nicola, Luna, and her husband James.

We took ages to order just so we could make sure we'd have plenty of time to shelter in there from the rain. I ordered a burger which turned out to be incredibly juicy and delicious.


After we were finally done eating, we decided to take some pictures as it had stopped raining outside.
I really don't know my way around Oxford at all, so I couldn't tell you where the hell we were. All I know is that the buildings we posed in front of were really beautiful, and there were tours being held for foreign tourists throughout our little photoshoot. One family got us to pose with them, and then wouldn't let go of Luna! It was quite bizarre and pretty hilarious.

Here's my coordinate for the meetup:
It was super windy when it was my turn to pose! Add in a tiered skirt and you've got flashing galore! Anyway... I was so happy to have a chance to wear my Metamorphose Vintage Poodle jumperskirt. I went quite casual with this coord due to the unpredictable weather, adding a simple cardigan with wristcuffs, and some comfy Primark flatforms.

Here's the group photo, taken by a very patient James! I did some quick editing to make the colours more vivid as the cloudy sky washed it out quite significantly. Mind you, cloudy days are quite good to take pictures on, because nobody's squinting at the sun, and there are no harsh shadows on people's faces.

Me, Sammi, Luna and Nicola!

Everyone looked so pretty! Sammi's Whip Magic skirt was so adorable on her, Luna rocked the rather spectacular Day Dream Carnival, and I was super impressed that Nicola had made her skirt herself! I need to start making my own clothes! At least some sort of craft motivation came out of the meet.

After taking photos, getting free fudge samples from Fudge Kitchen (we got Blueberry Muffin which was pastel pink and melted on the tongue-- mmm!), shopping in Primark and getting a few items for the next meetup in Poundland, we headed to the river to hang out and have the beautiful cake which Nicola had made.

I can tell you now, that cake tasted absolutely gorgeous! We went about devouring it in a less-than-elegant manner, first eating chunks of icing and then messily hacking at it with a knife. The cake was so moist and chocolately without being overpoweringly rich.

We chatted for a while until we decided to call it a day. I only had to wait a couple of minutes for my train, so I said my goodbyes to everyone, and went home.

I had such a lovely time. I prefer smaller groups because I tend to get lost in the crowd and quite socially anxious. It's nice when everyone gets to be heard and great conversations are had over great food.

Thanks for a wonderful Saturday, guys 

No comments:

Post a Comment