Laman

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

New Buys from the High Street

Hey everyone! Recently I got myself a few things from the high street. I don't tend to buy much from the high street anymore (I just find online shopping better as I'm guaranteed to find something that's my style), but I'm always on the lookout for cute stuff regardless.

I decided I could really do with a staple black skirt in my wardrobe. I don't wear jeans, so it seemed like that would be a handy equivalent if I was short on time or feeling more casual that day. I headed to Miss Selfridge where there was a big sale going on.

 I ended up getting something I wouldn't normally buy, but my mum suggested I give it a go. I'm glad I did.

It's a high-low skirt! It has a short skirt underneath it, and then this lovely, floaty fabric on top with it's varying hem lengths. I love how light and airy it is to wear. Something about it says "hipster" to me, but that's ok! It's good to try something different.

I've been wanting a new shoulder bag for a while now, something with a classic feel to it. In Primark I found this:
I saw this bag a while ago but wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I got it anyway, and I think it works quite well with my wardrobe. I like the bow-shaped area where it fastens, and that you can carry it as a handbag or use the long straps inside. It has a nice amount of room for my things, too. It's a little wonkily made but that's fine by me considering how cheap it was.

This has turned out to be a very dark post! I love black, though. It goes with everything and can be incorporated into any style.

I shall end the post with this question: Have you gotten anything cool recently from your local stores? I'd love to hear about it in the comments :3

Thanks for looking 

No comments:

Post a Comment