Laman

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Madrid, Spain



You guys, I never meant to abandon the blog for so long.  I'm sorry if any of you were checking back and wondering.  I still want to do the blog, I just haven't figured out how to fit in blogging in my current life.  I used to make it a big priority, and now I just don't want to anymore.  But I do want to fit in a bit every week.  I just need to figure out when.

Faith is spending an academic year in Madrid, Spain, so the day after Christmas I flew out to visit her.  Wow!  Madrid.  I never would have made it to Madrid if Faith had not been there.  Admittedly, I had no curiosity about Spain (I do have tons of interest and curiosity in the UK or any of the Scandinavian countries, or France).  On the other hand, Madrid is way more exotic than those other places because many people just don't travel there.  I loved all the old buildings and beautiful architechture, and its European-ness.  Perhaps you can tell by the photos that we valued being together, going around, having tea and drinks and meals, but didn't make it to any tourist attractions.  I'm okay with that.  I just wanted to spend time with my girl.

What are your experiences with Spain?  Anyone been to Madrid?

Hopefully I'll be back soon to blog about Christmas.

Happy January!

No comments:

Post a Comment