Laman

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

lunch salads

Obsessed with these Trader Joe's salads. Am I the last to discover these?!?

I have to share with you my new discovery: prepared salads from Trader Joe's!!!  Possibly, I'm the last to discover these.  Admittedly, I've probably seen them all along, out of the corner of my eye, but I never thought of them in relation to my own situation.  I don't know why.  But a couple weeks ago, I was browsing through a new-to-me blog, and I saw this fun post wherein she mentions eating these salads throughout her pregnancy.  Well, something clicked in me--why not try these salads in my own lunch situation?

I work full time, and I always eat lunch in my car.  I have a little routine which is very comforting to me.  I drive through the McDonald's close to my school and get my daily Diet Coke and then swing into the parking lot of the adjacent Starbucks and find a little patch of shade and have my lunch and relax and check blogs on my phone.  I love my little routine and it gives me a chance to re-charge.  I even take my shoes off. 

Salads I've tried so far (I've been making a little list because I love to gather info and write stuff down like this--domestic life sort of info):

:: broccoli slaw and kale salad with white meat chicken.  My favorite so far!  It's the one pictured above.  13 Weight Watchers points.
:: lemon chicken salad--10 points.  My second favorite.  Love this.
:: salad with BBQ chicken with dressing--14 points
:: harvest salad with grilled chicken--12 points
:: honey glazed miso salmon on salad greens--8 points
:: shrimp and surimi w/ louie dressing--6 points

I love all of these.  As you can see, the points values vary, but I'm ok with that right now.  I feel like I'm eating so many more greens and veggies than I ever would normally (I am)!  Also, I've never considered myself much of a salad eater.  At home, they're a lot of trouble to make and I'm still at a loss for finding a dressing I like.  And in restaurants I'm much more likely to order a burger (I'm basically a child at heart).  But these prepared salads are so easy for me to grab and they are super yummy and they run about $4 which I think is great. 

What do you guys eat for lunch?  Before I found the salads a couple weeks ago I was packing my lunch daily in my Planet Box and having a half sandwich, cut up fruits, some raw veg, and pickles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment