Laman

Saturday, December 19, 2015

cookies--christmas and otherwise



I never fail to be delighted by the simple roll-and-cut cookies we do every year at Christmas. (Of course my children are delighted by them as well).  I've blogged about them a gazillion times before, but couldn't resist showing you this year's batch.  I love how they turned out.  I was lazy and only dyed two colors of icing, but it's sort of nice to keep the palette simple.  I've posted the recipe here.  The recipe for the icing is here.

And I wanted to let you know about the oatmeal-walnut-fudge cookies I also made.  They didn't really "work" for me as a Christmas cookie (not Christmassy enough! so hearty!), but I love them as a "granola bar" of a lunchbox cookie.  They are so toasty and walnutty and the fudge center is fun and a little different.  I found the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment